Friday, May 4, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie in Pastry Puffs

I LOVE those small Puff Pastry things.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, don't worry...I'll post a picture of them in a minute.  Anyways, they are sooooooo good!  I had a box of them in the freezer and wanted something fun and easy for dinner.  I looked at the box and there was a chicken pot pie recipe on it.  I changed it a little, so here is how I made mine.


Ingredients:
1 Box puff pastries
1 Big chicken breast, or 2 small one's
1 Can of Cream of chicken or mushroom soup
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Bag frozen vegetables
drop of oil to cook the chicken in
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
*Cook the pastries according to package (mine took 20 minutes to cook)




*Take the tops out of your pastries.


*Cut up your chicken into small bite sized pieces.

*Put a drop of oil into a large pan and place the pieces of chicken.


*Cook the chicken until well done.


*Cook your veggies in the microwave until cooked.  Drain the excess water from them.


*Pour your veggies, milk, and soup into the pan with the chicken pieces.


*Cook until warm.

*Add some salt and pepper to the chicken mixture.

*I thought about throwing some shredded cheese into the mixture, but didn't.  If you want to, do that now.

*Pour the chicken mixture into the pastries.  Eat it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment