Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas

Okay, so I made mine look like burritos rather than enchiladas (enchiladas have open ends, while burritos ends are turned inwards so filling doesn't come out).  There were really good!  I got the recipe from http://pearls-handcuffs-happyhour.blogspot.com.  Its a nice,easy little blog about foods that is similar to mine.  Anyways, she said these were the best enchiladas ever and went on about them...I liked them, but I would change it up a little bit the next time I make them.  They needed more sauce inside, and less rice.  So, here's the version we made...change it a bit if you want too!


Ingredients:
2-3 Chicken breasts (or rotisserie chicken)
2 Cups cooked rice
1 28 ounce can green enchilada sauce (I used Los Palmos)
1 Can black beans (drained and rinsed)
8 8-inch flour tortillas (I used 10 inch which meant I had to roll them into burritos to fit into my baking dish)
1 Pkg cream cheese
2 Cups shredded cheese

Directions:
*If you bought a rotisserie chicken, shred it up.  If you are using chicken breasts, fill a pot about 3-4 full of water, then place your chicken breasts in the water.  Cover it up.  Cook on medium until done (about 20 or so minutes).  I flipped my chicken breasts over and cut them into a few smaller pieces while cooking.


*Cook your rice.  I did brown rice, I might try mexican rice next time...

*When chicken is done, place it into a medium sized bowl and shred it with two forks.


*Put your cream cheese and 2 cups of the enchilada sauce into the bowl with the shredded chicken.


*Mix it all up.

*In the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray, pour 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.  Cover the bottom of the dish with it.


*Lay a tortilla on a plate and pour a scoop of rice, then a scoop of beans onto it.


*Pour some of the chicken mixture on top.


*Roll it into either an enchilda (just roll it straight leaving the ends open), or roll it into a burrito (folding in the sides as you roll it up).

*Do the rest of the tortillas the same way.


*Put all of your enchiladas beside one another in the dish.  I ended up having two dishes since my burritos were so big.

*Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over all of your enchiladas.


*Put the 2 cups of cheese over top of the sauce.


*Cover your dish with tinfoil.

*Bake at 375*F for 25 minutes.


*Remove the tinfoil and BROIL for 3-5 minutes in the oven (Until the cheese darkens).


*Serve with your favorite salsa or queso or sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment