Monday, June 25, 2012

Salsa

I would love to say I didn't get this on pinterest...but  I can't...because I did...and I love it.  I REALLY like this salsa because it tastes like the salsa you would get in a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant.  My jalapeno should have been stronger, but I will absolutely not change anything next time...okay, who am I kidding?  I might play around with it...  The great news is I will absolutely make this again.  It honestly took me 5 minutes.  Nothing is cooked.  Everything is just thrown in and chopped up.  AMAZING!


Ingredients:
1 (14oz) Can diced tomatoes (with the juice...do not drain)
1 (10 oz) Can Rotel (original or hot)
1/2 Small yellow onion (I did on the small side of a half...)
1 Big garlic clove (must be fresh, not powder)
1 Jalapeno (I will do 2 next time)
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Small handful cilantro (fresh!!!)
1 lime's juice

Directions:
*Get a food processor or blender out.  Food processor is better, but a blender will work okay too.

*Pour your tomatoes into the processor and mix.  Pour the sauce into a bigger bowl.


*Blend up your rotel next, then place into the bigger bowl with the blended up tomatoes.

*Cut your onion into smaller pieces.  Put it into the food processor and blend.  Pour into big bowl.


*Put your jalapeno, cilanto, and garlic into the food processor and mix it up.  Put into bowl.


*Pour the honey, salt, cumin, and lime juice into the big bowl.  Mix it all up.

*Eat.  SO SO SO Good!

NOTE:  Next time I will either add a second jalapeno (taste test it first.  The one I used today had NO spice to it at all.  SO mild.  I needed a bit more spice.).  If I don't add another jalapeno I will add 1/2 a can of green chili's to it to spice it up.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment