Thursday, June 7, 2012

BBQ Cheddar Bacon Chicken

Um, could this recipe's title be any longer?  WOW.  I wish I could shorten it, but I don't know what I would call it.  So we are stuck with the ridiculous long name.  Its good though, so I'm sure you will all forgive me.  AND...it's easy!


Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breasts (I used small one's, but big one's would be so much better!)
3/4 Cup BBQ sauce
6-8 strips of bacon (2 per chicken breast)
3-4 Slices of Cheddar cheese

Directions:
*Cook your chicken breasts.  You can cook them in a pan on the stove with a bit of oil covered for 20 or so mins (flipping a couple of times), or on the barbeque.  We did ours on the bbq.  Okay, Nick did.

*Line a microwave safe place with a few sheets of paper towels (like 6-8 of them).

*Line your bacon slices up beside each other on the paper towel.


*Cover the bacon with one sheet of paper towel.


*Cook them in the microwave for 9-11 minutes.  I'm  serious, this way makes them SO crunchy for this meal.  You could cook them another way, but I promise it won't be as good.)

*After the bacon is cooked it is 100% crunchy, see:


*Once your chicken breasts are cooked (or baked, or grilled, or pan fried...) rub bbq sauce all over them.  Just drench the chicken!

*Once your chicken is covered in the bbq sauce, put 2 slices of bacon on top of each chicken breast.

*Cover the bacon with a slice of cheddar.

*Pre-heat your oven to broil and cook the cheese/chicken until the cheese melts, or place it back on the bbq for a minute until the cheese melts.


SO EASY!


No comments:

Post a Comment