Thursday, July 11, 2013

Almond Butter

I've been wanting to try some of these other "peanut butters."  You know, the kind made with nuts OTHER than peanuts?  Ya, those.  Pecan butter is on the list...but I went with almond butter for my first attempt.  Holy cow was it easy!  It certainly satisfied my nut/butter love.  Let me say this though: it is not nearly as creamy as store bought peanut butter.  It was really thick.  I added some honey (not much) to mine at the end to try and cream it up a bit which helped.  The flavor was really, really good.  I have heard some people add things like chocolate chips or even maple syrup to theirs too.  Go ahead and try it.  Its ridiculously easy!


Ingredients:
Almonds (as much as you want.  I did a little over one cup) (Roasted/unsalted)
Honey (I used about a teaspoon)

Directions:
*Pour your almonds into a food processor.

*Press the button to turn it on.  I kept turning mine off and on because I didn't want to overdo the motor.  It wouldn't be the first kitchen gadget I've broken because of leaving it on too long (R.I.P hand mixer...).  It will first crush the almonds into medium pieces, then smaller pieces, then as the oils start to get mushed up it begins to get creamier and creamier.  I don't know if it would have been really creamy if I kept mixing it but I was too hungry to wait.  I ate mine at a thick consistency and it was amazing!  :)





*Once you get to the consistency you want, drizzle the honey on it, then press it on to mix it up again.  The whole thing takes less than 10 minutes!


Cooper felt the need to take my picture.  Yum!  :)

I was interested in finding out if almond butter or peanut butter was better for you.  I knew they both were high in fat being nuts and all, but I did learn some surprising info.  Look at this:

No comments:

Post a Comment