Friday, February 14, 2014

Green Chili Mac and Cheese

Last week I went out to lunch with my Mom and her best friend.  I ordered green chili mac and cheese.  I hate Mac and Cheese.  But it was topped with blackened chicken, and the green chili's intrigued me.  It was SO good that I had to come home and try to make it for myself.  I hit the jackpot!  It turned out great!  All 4 of us LOVED this recipe, and Nick has since asked me when I would be making it again!  It was so easy too!!!

Ingredients:
1 Box Pasta (I used cellatini because the shape is fun)
1/2 box of Velveeta Queso Blanco (Yes, the box stuff)
1 Small can green chili's in juice (don't drain it)
1/4 cup of milk
Dash of Parmesan
1/2 Cup shredded cheese
1/2-1 lb chicken tenders
Blackening spices

Directions:
*Trim the tendons and fat from the chicken.

*Coat the chicken in your blackening spice.  We make our own from a recipe found on google...but you can easily buy a pre-done spice from the store.

*Place the chicken in a bit of oil in a large pan.  Cook until done (about 15 minutes on a medium heat).

*While cooking the chicken, boil water for your pasta in a large stock pot.

*Cut your Velveeta into small cubes and place to the side.

*Cook your pasta until done.

*Drain your pasta.

*Open your can of green chili's.

*Put your drained pasta, chili's and juice, Velveeta, and milk into the pot.  Cook until the Velveeta is mixed.  This should take less than 5 minutes.


*Spray a glass dish with baking spray.

*Place your pasta mixture into the dish.

*Sprinkle the Parmesan on top.

*Put the shredded cheese on top of the Parmesan.

*Bake at 400 for 5-10 minutes (until the cheese has melted).

*Place the chicken on top of the pasta when you serve it.  This was So good!  A very mild spice.  Both boys LOVED it!  Cooper had two plates!  Sorry I don't have a picture of what the inside looked like once it was done...I gobbled it up so fast that I forgot to take a picture!  Oops...

No comments:

Post a Comment