Monday, April 21, 2014

Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs

WOW.  Two of the neatest ingredients added to one of my favorite appetizers.  These were awesome! (This recipe came from realhousemoms.com)

Ingredients:
12 Large Eggs
1 Cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp vinegar
3/4 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp sugar
2 Jalapeno's (I will do 3 the next time, mine wasn't spicy at all)
6 Pieces of cooked bacon  (I cooked mine in the microwave for 6 minutes covered with paper towels)
Paprika

Directions:
* Cook your eggs in a pot of water until done (about 10 minutes)

* Peel your eggs carefully (this is the worst step.  Does anyone else hate peeling these things?)

* Cut your eggs in half (lengthwise).

* Take out the yolks and place them into a medium bowl.  Mix them up with a fork.

* In the yolk bowl, mix your mayo, vinegar, ground mustard, and sugar with the egg yolks.  Mix until well combined.

* Cut your jalapeno's into tiny pieces (after you have removed the seeds and top of it).  I put the jalapeno's into my little mixer.  It worked perfectly!!!)
        (PROBLEM: I used two jalapeno's.  They were both very fresh and were so mild I couldn't even taste the spice.  It tasted more like a green pepper than a spicy pepper.  Next time I will have more jalapeno's and taste test them until I get a good one with some heat!)

* Crunch your bacon into tiny pieces.

* Put your bacon and jalapeno's into the yolk bowl.  Mix it all up well.

* Pour the mixture into a small ziploc bag.  Seal it up.

* Cut a corner off the bag.  Squeeze the mixture into your eggs.

* I added a bit of jalapeno's onto the top.  You don't have too.

* Sprinkle with Paprika.

No comments:

Post a Comment