Saturday, December 10, 2011

Brown Sugar Cookies

I'm a plain cookie fan.  I am!  I am not one to go crazy for loads of sweetness or chunks of anything in my cookies.  This one is from Crico.  I like them!
Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Crisco
1/2 Cup butter, softened
1 1/4 firmly packed brown sugar
1 Large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Directions:
*Heat oven to 350*F.

*Mix together the shortening, butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract.

*Once the ingredients are light and fluffy, add the flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.

*Shape the dough into one inch balls.  I put mine into those fun shaped cookie pans and they took the shape pretty well.  Next time when it is not a holiday I will do the balls however!

*Place the balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet or onto parchment paper (I greased the pan I used...oops).

*Bake for 12-14 minutes.  Remove pan from the oven and let sit for a couple of minutes before transferring the cookies to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment