Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Chewy Banana Bars

YUMMY!  These were so easy to make!  I found this box of banana muffin mix by Jiffy at the store and figured I would test it out.  Once I got it home however, I noticed that the box had other recipes on it (including this one for these chewy bars).  I had all the ingredients in the pantry so voila, Banana Chewy Bars for dessert!

Ingredients:
1 Pkg Jiffy banana muffin mix
1 Cup of quick oats
1/4 Cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 Cup melted butter or margarine
1/4 Cup honey
1 Egg

Directions:
*Preheat oven to 350*F.

*Grease a square glass baking dish (I used Butter flavored PAM.)

*Mix the Jiffy mix, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a bowl.

*Add the melted butter, honey, and egg to the mix and mix all the ingredients well.


*Pour the batter into the baking dish and smooth it out so that the bottom of the dish is covered in batter.


*Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.


*Once you pull out the bars, let them cool for only 5-6 minutes before cutting them.

(NOTE:  These have a very strong banana taste to them.  It is by far the best "fake" banana we have ever tried.  Nick said "these are good enough I might let you make them again."  Pretty darn good compliment coming for a guy who only likes items homemade!)

No comments:

Post a Comment