Thursday, August 11, 2011

Fried Eggplant

I'm impressed!  I have never tried eggplant before and now that I have...I love it!  This recipe is so easy, and so yummy you have to try it!  It tastes like something you would get at a classy, posh little restaurant.  I bought 2 eggplants yesterday from Sprouts (a local produce grocery store).  They were cheap, and beautiful.  Honestly they looked so nice I had to buy them!  I started searching for recipes and Emeril Lagasse had this recipe on the food networks website.  I changed it a tiny bit (not measuring my spices and all).  He makes his spices into something he calls "Essence."  I just sprinkled the spices into my breadcrumbs.

Ingredients:
1 Eggplant
1/2 Cup flour
3 Eggs
1 1/2 Cups breadcrumbs
Dash (1-2 shakes):
*salt
*pepper
*onion powder
*garlic powder
*cheyenne powder
*paprika
Vegetable oil for frying

Directions:
*Put your flour in a bowl.

*Put your eggs in a separate bowl.  Put a dash of salt into the eggs then whisk the eggs.

*In a third bowl, put your breadcrumbs and all of the spices.  Mix well.

*Cut your eggplant into 1/4 inch round circular pieces.


*Dip the eggplant slices into the flour, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.  Set onto a plate.  Do the rest of the eggplant slices.


*Heat your oil to about 375*.  It took our oil about 5 minutes on medium heat to get there.

*VERY carefully drop the eggplant slices into the oil.


*Let each side cook about one minute, then flip.  Don't overcook, they will burn easily too!

*Remove the slices and place them on a plate that has been covered in paper towels to absorb the oil.

*Serve with marinara sauce or a garden flavored spaghetti sauce.

DELICIOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment