Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Raspberry Pocket Pie

I saw the neatest gadget while at Target today that I couldn't live without!  Hah.  Anyways, I bought it and then I made the raspberry pie recipe that was on the back of it.  If you don't have one of these things, go buy one!  It was so easy to use, and Cooper and I had tons of fun making the pies.  PLUS...this little gadget was only 5 or 6 dollars!  I'm going to try some chicken/broccoli/cheese pie's soon!  Oh the possibilities!

Ingredients:
1 Refrigerated pie crust, thawed
1/3 Cup sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 Cup of raspberries
1 Egg

Directions:
*Unroll your pie crust onto a slightly floured surface.

*Take your pie mold and open it up.  The edge's of mine are sharp so I used that to cut out my circles of pie dough.

*Cut out 3 pie crusts.  If you need to, you can mash up your dough, then roll it out again.  I could only cut out 2 circles of dough before having to re-roll it out.


*Mix your sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.

*Put one of your pie doughs onto your pie mold.


*My mold lets me bend one side up a bit so that  I don't have the entire circle laying out flat (if that makes sense).  I pulled one of the sides up a bit so I knew where my center was.

*Pour a few raspberries into the mold slightly off center on one side.

*Pour 1 Tbsp of the sugar mixture over the berries.


*Take your egg in a small bowl and mix it up.

*I don't have a pastry brush so I used a paper towel to dip into the egg, then rub around the sides of the dough in the pie mold.

*Close your mold and press firmly so that it shuts and is pressed together.


*Pre-heat your oven to 400*F.

*Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

*Take your pie out of the mold and place it on the parchment paper.

*Make the other 2 pies the same way.

*Once your pies are on your parchment paper, brush the tops with remaining egg.

*Sprinkle sugar onto the tops of each pie.

*Bake for 15 minutes.

1 comment: