Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mexican Meatloaf

While browsing facebook yesterday I saw a post on my friend Shanda's wall.  "Mexican meatloaf....dinner...."  Wait, what?  I LOVE meatloaf...and I LOVE anything Mexican!  I had never heard of this thing before and I was super curious to find out what it was!  I instantly asked her about it and for the recipe!  She gave it to me and I made it for dinner tonight...and I will probably make it again next week...and the week after... okay, okay maybe not every single week...but you get the point!  SO GOOD!


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 Egg
1/2 Onion
1/2 Green pepper
1 Pkg taco seasoning
1 Handful of crushed tortilla chips (about 1/3 of a cup of crushed pieces)
1/2 Cup or so of Salsa
1/2 Cup or so of shredded cheese

Directions:
*Cut your green pepper and onion into tiny pieces.

*Add your onions and pepper pieces into the beef mixture in a large bowl.

*Add the taco seasoning and the egg to the meat.  Mix well.


*Add your crushed tortilla chips and mix well.


*Spray a meatloaf pan down with baking spray.

*Add your meat mixture to the pan and push it down a bit to form your "meatloaf."

*Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350*F for 45 minutes.


*Once it is cooked, add  the cheese and salsa to the top.  So yummy!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment