Sunday, May 22, 2011

Cheddar Biscuits

Here is another recipe from my friend Susan.  She sent it to me a few weeks ago and I kept forgetting about them...until now!  Am I ever glad I made them because they were SO easy to make, they made a ton of biscuits (good for snacks later tonight), and I pretty well had all the ingredients at home.
Ingredients:
2 ½ cups Bisquick baking mix
¾ cup cold whole milk
4 tablespoons cold butter (1/2 stick)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
1 heaping cup grated cheddar cheese

Bush on Top:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
½ teaspoon garlic powder


Directions:
* Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

* Combine Bisquick with cold butter in a medium bowl using a pastry cutter or a large fork. You don't want to mix too thoroughly. There should be small chunks of butter in there that are about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and ¼ teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until combined, but don't over mix.

*  Drop approximately ¼-cup portions of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet using an ice cream scoop.



*  Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits begin to turn light brown.

*  When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter is a small bowl in your microwave. Stir in ½ teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of the biscuits.  (NOTE: Only put butter on the ones you plan to eat...they will store better if there is no butter on the tops of the one's you save for later.  Also, I didn't have any parsely flakes and mine turned out great regardless.  I had about 20 biscuits when I made them).


No comments:

Post a Comment