Wednesday, May 18, 2011

M & M Cookies

These are so easy, and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry.  My husband told me these are one of my better cookies (so I'm either a terrible cookie maker, or these are really good...I'll let you decide!)
Ingredients:
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1/2 Cup white sugar
2 Eggs
2 Sticks butter, room temperature
1 1/2 tsp's vanilla extract
2 1/2 Cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 Bag M & M's (basic M & M's, and not a small bag...)

Directions:
*Mix both sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well mixed.

*Add flour, baking soda, and salt to the mixture.  Mix it up well.

*Put 1 cup of the M & M's into the cookie dough mixture, and stir (by hand).  Be careful not to break them all.

*Drop cookie dough by 1 Tbsp sized serving onto parchment paper (this stuff is amazing.  You DON"T have to spray it down, and your cookies don't stick.  I didn't believe it until I tried it...and this is coming from a girl who using cooking spray even when recipes say not too...).  So yes, if you have parchment paper use it, if you don't (go get some) spray down your cookie sheet/sheets with cooking spray.

*These cookies really thin out while cookies so make sure to not put them close together on your baking sheets!
*Pre-heat your oven to 350*F.

*Now, go back  to your cookies and put extra M & M's all over them (without forcing down the dough).  You need to put 6-7 extra on each one because these cookies really spread out while cooking.  So if you only put 1 or 2 on them there won't be many on your cookies when you pull them out of your oven.  Also, put extra's on the sides of your dough too...  Here is a picture of the dough, and then the same picture underneath of how much they spread out once they are cooked.  (Notice how full the dough is with M & M's, and how not full it looks in the second picture...)
*Once you have put the M & M's on the dough, put the cookie sheet or sheets into your oven and bake for 8 minutes.  The original recipe I got this from suggested cooking them 9-11 minutes, but my first batch I cooked for 9 minutes and they were on the verge of being crunchy.  These are not soft cookies, but I suggest only doing about 8 minutes...unless your oven isn't as hot as most ovens are.  Adjust the time accordingly if you need to!

*I got the basics of this recipe from allrecipes.com, but I changed it up so much that this is pretty well my own recipe now!  It used shortening instead of butter, and baking times and such were different.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment