Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Chocolate Covered Banana Pieces

This recipe is for my friend Alanna!  She "pinned" a picture of the yummiest looking banana pieces that were covered in chocolate onto Pinterest.com.   I saw it and decided I needed to make them.  Unfortunately when I clicked on the link it brought me to a Canadian meat market distributor.  So, I made this up.  It was amazing.  I will without a doubt make these again!  (Please excuse the pictures...I took this one before they chilled and before the chocolate hardened up.  Good thing because we ate them so fast I didn't have time to take a picture!)
Ingredients:
2 Bananas
1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
6-8 Popscicle sticks
Sprinkles or nuts for decorating if you want

Directions:
*Cut your banana into round slices about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch thick.  Too thin and the popscicle stick will  break the banana slices.

*In a microwave safe bowl, add your chocolate chips.


*Microwave the chips for 20 seconds.  Stir, then microwave another 15 seconds.

*Be careful, chocolate burns easy, so make sure to stir it OFTEN.  Stir every 15 seconds or so.  Burning chocolate chips is a terrible smell!

*Continue to microwave and stir until the chips are melted.

*Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.


*Put the popsicle sticks through 2 of the banana pieces.  My pieces still broke a bit, so go slow.  As long as you can pretend to put the banana pieces back together you will be fine.  The chocolate will make them stick back together perfectly.


*Take a spoon and cover your bananas everywhere in melted chocolate.  Any area of banana that is now covered will turn brown because of the air so be careful to cover fronts, backs, sides, and all edges in chocolate.

*Put your chocolate covered banana's onto the baking sheet.  Sprinkle with any toppings you would like (if you want any at all).


*Let air dry for best results.  Air drying will result in the hardest chocolate later. You can put it in the fridge, but as soon as you take it out it will re-melt a bit and go to a mushy chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Im so glad you guinea pigged this, especially if the link is all weird. Now I have a recipe to follow :) I'll make these tonight or tomorrow and let you know. They look amazing! Im definitely going to add nuts on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were super easy, but a bit messy! Tasted delicious though (which in my book, thats all that matters!). Let me know if you like them or do anything different...I'm always up to trying a recipe a different way!

    ReplyDelete