Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mozzarella Chicken

This is so tasty!  YUM!  I found this recipe at "Wearing Gackey's Apron" blog.  She has tons of simple family recipes there.  Anyways, I saved this recipe a few weeks ago and finally got around to cooking it tonight.  I'm so glad I did because it was delicious!  It was so creamy!  PERFECT winter meal!

Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breasts
6-8 Mozzarella cheese slices (you need 2 slices per chicken breast)
1 Can cream of chicken soup
1/4 Cup white wine (I used chardoney)
1 Cup Stovetop stuffing mix
1/2 Cup melted butter

Directions:
*Pre-heat oven to 350*F.

*Spray down a baking dish with cooking spray.

*Place chicken pieces in baking dish.  Now put 2 slices of cheese over each chicken breast to cover the breasts up.

*In a small bowl mix the soup and the wine.  Now pour it over the cheese/chicken.

*In a different bowl, mix the melted butter with the stuffing mix.  Now pour this over the soup that is on the chicken.  No stirring, just pour it on top.  (I thought it would be dry not stirring it all up, but don't worry...its super creamy at the end!)

*Put chicken dish in stove and cook for one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment