Saturday, June 4, 2011

French Toast

A few years ago I wanted to make a fancier french toast (better than your typical just eggs, milk, and bread).  This is what I came up with, and we love it!
Ingredients:
5 Large eggs
1/4 Cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar mixture (read bottom for directions)
8 Slices white or cinnamon raisin bread

Directions:
* Mix your eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in a large bowl.


*Spray your griddle (or pan if you don't have a griddle) with PAM.

*Place one piece of bread into the egg mixture and coat it well on both sides.


*Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar onto one side of your coated bread.  Now put this coated side DOWN on your griddle.  Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar onto the other side.

*Do this to all the pieces of bread.  Cook each side 3-4 minutes until done.


*Serve with butter and/or syrup.

(NOTE: The other day I gave you all a recipe for cinnamon/sugar chips (to go with the dessert salsa).  In that recipe I said to just mix your cinnamon sugar together until you found a taste you liked.  Today I needed to make more of mine because I ran out.  Anyways, I measured how much of each I use to give you all a better hint.  I use 1/4 cup of white sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  Its super simple, and I use this stuff all the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment