Saturday, June 4, 2011

Skillet Mexican Chicken

I would love to tell ya'll where I got this recipe...but I don't know WHO gave it to me.  I am pretty sure this one is from my friend Katie though...  I changed it up some too, hope you like it!
Ingredients:
3-4 Chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) can salsa (we used On the Border's Medium and it was perfect)
1 Can corn (drained)
1 Can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 TBSP oil
1 Cup shredded cheese

Directions:
*Put the oil into a large skillet.  Now put your chicken pieces into the oil and coat them all. 

*Cook the chicken until it is done, flipping halfway through (cook it covered).  You will want to cook them on a medium temperature.  They will brown and sizzle as they are finishing up.  Cut a piece down the center to make sure no pink is left.  It will take about 15 minutes or so.


*Once the chicken is cooked, pour the beans, corn, and salsa into the skillet with the chicken.  Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until it is hot.


*Put your shredded cheese on the top now (I forgot to put mine on until after I had served it...oops!).  Let the cheese melt.

*I cooked some instant brown rice up and served the chicken on top of the rice.  It worked out perfectly!  You could also do white rice if you wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment