Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Veggie Pasta

I saw a recipe that was basic spaghetti with a can of black beans in it.  It got me to thinking (dangerous, I know), and here is what I came up with!  It was Delicious!  And my house smelled amazing!
Ingredients:
2 Green zucchini's
1/2 Green pepper
1/2 Small onion
3/4 Box Rotini pasta
1/2 Jar spaghetti sauce (or more if you like)
1 Pkg mild italian sausage
1 Can black beans

Directions:
*Cut the zucchini into small bite sized pieces.  Put them into a skillet with a bit of oil and cook until done (flip them as needed.  Takes about 7-10 minutes cooking on medium heat).

*Take the zucchini out of the pan and set aside.  (I just put mine in a small bowl).


*In the skillet, put your meat and onion (cut the onion into tiny pieces).  You can buy the italian sausage ground or in casings.  I only had the pack of 5, in casings, in my freezer.  If you use the casings one, cut a long line on them, the pull out the meat and then throw  the casings away.  It will chop up like ground meat easily.


*Cook the meat and onions until cooked through.

*Add the green peppers (which you have cut into small pieces) and spaghetti sauce and continue to cook for a few minutes.

*Add the black beans and zucchini to the mixture.  Cook through.


*Cook your pasta as directed on box.

*Drain pasta, then throw all the meat mixture into the pasta pot with the drained noodles.  Mix it all well.  Serve on plates with parmesean cheese and shredded cheese.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment