Thursday, September 8, 2011

Shake N Bake BBQ Chicken

No need to do a big explanation on this one, its a box of shake n bake chicken mix (original) first coated in BBQ sauce.  I saw it on a box of shake n bake a few years ago and we've been making it ever since!
Ingredients:
1 Box original Shake N Bake for chicken
1 Cup BBQ sauce
3-4 Chicken breasts

Directions:
*Put your shake n bake on a plate.

*Put your bbq sauce on a separate plate.


*Pat your chicken off with a paper towel so the bbq sauce sticks better.

*Dip your chicken in the bbq sauce, then in the shake n bake mix.

*Put chicken breasts into a baking dish that is sprayed with baking spray.  (I had a bit of shake n bake leftover, so I dabbed a bit of sauce onto the tops of the chicken and poured the remaining sauce on top.)


*Heat your oven to 400*F.

*Cook the chicken, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.  The original recipe says for 20 minutes but I have never only cooked chicken that long!  I think I cooked this for 45 minutes yesterday when I made it.  I put a baking dish into the oven with the chicken that is full of water to keep the chicken moist.  Works everytime.  Check to see if you need to cook it longer...internal temperature should be 165*F.

No comments:

Post a Comment