Monday, March 7, 2011

King Ranch Chicken

My mom got this recipe from a neighbor a few years ago.  Originally it has an entire onion diced up in it.  I prefer it without onions, but if you would like to add the onions when you cook your chicken, go ahead!
This is a picture before it was cooked...I am in such a rush to get all the hungry bellies in this house fed that I often forget to take the after pictures!

Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom (I do 2 chicken, no mushroom)
1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
1 can rotel, drained
12 small tortillas, cut into bite size pieces
2 lbs cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup chopped/diced onion (I omit this because I'm not an onion fan)
2-3 cups shredded cheese

Directions:
*Combine both soups with the chicken broth and can of rotel.

*Mix the remaining ingredients into the soup mixture and stir well.

*Pour into a round or square baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 mins to 1 hour.

*Serve with tortilla chips

No comments:

Post a Comment