Thursday, March 10, 2011

Taco Pizza

A couple weeks ago I found a taco pizza recipe online that sounded good.  I copied it to my recipe file online like usual but forgot to write it onto my my actual recipe cards.  While at the grocery store the other day I remembered saving it and wanting to make it but I completely forgot what ingredients were in it other than meat, cheese, and the dough package!  So I grabbed what I thought would be good and tonight I created my own taco pizza.  It was exactly what I was craving,  :)


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 Pizza dough (by crescent roll/cinnamon rolls at the grocery store)
3/4 Package taco seasoning
1 can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheese
1/2 cup salsa

Add ons you like:
lettuce
tomatoes
green peppers
jalapeno's
avocado
salsa
sour cream
black olives

Directions:
*Preheat oven according to your pizza dough package (mine was Pillsbury, and it was set for 425*F)

*Cook your ground beef on the stove with 3/4 package of taco seasoning in the meat.  You can use more or less taco seasoning if you want.

*Unroll your pizza sheet and roll it out onto a greased baking pan.  It will stretch out as big as you want, just keep working at it!



*This is the annoying step.  UGH.  The dough is so soft and sticky, so trying to spread the can of refried beans is a little tricky.  I put my beans in a bowl and stirred them up to soften them.  Then I took a spatula and "painted" the beans onto the dough.  Leave an edge for your "crust".



*Once you have "painted" your beans onto your crust, pour your meat mixture on top.  

*Put your cheese on top of your meat.



*Bake for the amount of time on your dough package (mine was 13-17 minutes for multiple toppings.  I did 15 and it was perfect).



*While your pizza is cooking, chop any vegetables you want on top.  We put lettuce, green peppers, and tomatoes.

*Once your pizza is cooked, layer a thin layer of salsa on top.  Now put all the toppings you want on it.  Delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment